The strategic objectives of the POLONIKA The National Institute of Polish Cultural Heritage Abroad are as follows:
- The collection and dissemination of knowledge about the cultural heritage of the Republic of Poland currently located outside the country’s borders.
- Preservation of the tangible vestiges of Polish culture abroad, as a testimony of the history of the Republic of Poland and the element shaping the national identity, essential for Polish diaspora and Poles abroad, in forming a sense of pride and strengthening ties with their homeland.
- Carrying out comprehensive renovation and conservation work that aims to preserve objects of particular value to the Polish heritage, currently located outside the country’s borders.
- Conducting and promoting research about the cultural heritage of the multinational and multicultural aspects of the Republic of Poland, as well as the legacy of Polish emigration and exile.
- Support of Polish institutions and organizations abroad, operating to protect national heritage (archives, museums, libraries).
- Developing public awareness of the Polish citizens and Polish communities abroad in the areas of preservation and meaning of Polish cultural heritage outside the country.
- The shaping of patriotic attitudes through volunteer and educational projects aimed at developing social and civic competencies.
- Building a positive image of Poland and its cultural heritage, as an element of the European and World heritage, especially in the neighboring countries; the successors of the Multinational Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- Collaborating with the Department of Cultural Heritage Abroad and Wartime Losses, within the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, in developing and updating a strategy to protect the Polish cultural heritage abroad as well as implementing tasks resulting from execution of international and other agreements and arrangements, to which MCNH is a party.